Saturday, July 26, 2008

something unexpected!

it's a nice realization that i had, when the story is good enough, it's like you gain new friends. i know they're not real people, [horribly ghey here] but these characters were written so well that i actually feel a little sad. i used to just become increasingly impatient while waiting for a new book, but last night i realized that i really do miss these characters.

i don't even really like the main character. maybe she reminds me too much of my high-school-self, but i just really think she's irritating. and i wish ezra would read these books. he'd know better about the way i feel about him. how corny. i really do see him in a new light all of a sudden though, because this author really knows how to paint her shit.

and i didn't start reading this thinking "hey, i'll get emotionally invested, and get all obsessive about these characters", but in the end, i guess i got what i wanted. i've never really been so... attracted to reading before.

a couple of weeks ago i felt this enormous emptiness, probably due to the fact that i live in shitsville, and i really don't have too many friends here [except for elphee really!], and i really needed an escape. the fucking television was always on, and all of my free time really didn't go to any good use. and then i fell in to this literary trap.

yay!

1 comment:

NerdOneirik said...

Okey-fucking-dokey.

SO Eclipse... I want to bitch slap Bella. Not in a loving, silly sort of way but more like a "BITCH WHERE'S MY MONEY" sort of way. And you're right, I do find Jake irratating now. *sigh* I miss the characters as well but I've already spent WAY too much time reading them and I need to start writing my stories.

I can't tell you how close I am to e-mailing this dude to get out of this. I'm willing to break my own bones at this point.

Meh.