Tuesday, December 2, 2008

completely sidetracked.

i was hunting through music to put on the good ol' iPod for the roadTrip... and i came across that which i'd been remembering a lot recently. it's beethoven. i can't really "label" myself as a fan of classical music, but i do find it enjoyable at times. it takes me back to a time when things were simple. it's one of the piano sonatas, (Moonlight) (1) Adagio sostenuto -- attacca. i know, that's a frickin mouthful. but the music speaks to my soul. this is the song i can't live without.

it's strange how utterly sidetracked i became before sitting down to write this. all of the urgency has escaped me. the fucker from down the street came home blasting his music from his "bumpin' stereo" or whatever the kids are calling it these days. keeping oli awake is all i care about. and the music only got louder. so i went to my drive way, where i could see the culprit, and he didn't realize anyone else in the universe existed. so i haughtily stomped back into the house, grabbed the air horn, went back to the driveway, and let loose. it was gratifying, and he stopped the music. of course, i'm passive aggressive, and i assume everyone else is, so i promptly went back inside, locked the front door, and continued to watch my hands shake with adrenaline. kind of a lame use of adrenaline, i know, but that's what happened.

then i logged into my blogger, and caught up on friends blogs that i'd neglected for a little while. so, here i am, still in love with that song, and in hate with my effing neighbors, searching through album after album on my husbands itunes.

by the way, "hilarious" is something i will always mis-spell. i always put two "l"s. fun times.

No comments: