Friday, October 24, 2008

the best dream to have right now.

a few nights ago i had the best dream. you know that feeling of falling in love? of knowing that it's just... right. that solid knowledge that, yes, this is going to be the person i spend the rest of my life with. ok, so maybe you haven't felt that, exactly, but i have. and then my parallel universe showed me the what-coulda-been of an alternate past.

so here's the dream:
it was around the time i met Ezra, i'd been working at the Green Tortoise Hostel, just like in real life. instead of us dating right away, we were just friends. we'd hang out all the time, with Heather, but it was nothing romantic. this goes on for about 8 months, and Heather suggests that we date. she saw how much we liked being around eachother, and knew that it would be "weird" for me to compromise the friendship, so she talked him into asking me out. the persuasion wasn't that hard. so i get a call, and he asks me to go out to dinner with him the following evening, and instructed me to dress nicely.

so we're at the end of the date, which went well, and then it kinda speeds through to the present, and it's the same as it is now, excepts Olivia is just being born.

it's like i got a confirmation that our lives would be the same regardless of when. like the end result could only be one way. it was nice. it felt like i was falling in love. end dream.

i woke up, it was 5 am. i asked Ezra if he was awake, he responded, so i told him that i had a dream that we had just fallen in love. i couldn't help but snuggle into his back and feel all fuzzy inside. it was so lifelike.

1 comment:

NerdOneirik said...

Ok, I have to do it...

AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

lol. Yeah I'm pretty positive you two were meant to be together so HA.

lol This kinda reminds me of the date with Wes (dress to the nines was the exact phrase but same difference).

It's nice to be wooed. And yay for snuggles.